Brands that can be seen dominating most of the industries like cars, watches, lifestyle and fashion are most commonly appear in men’s conversation, but have you ever noticed that there are many brand names that you are pronouncing wrong. Sometimes we found the various variation of the single brand name at a single conversation.
This article will be based on enlightening you about the correct combination of words in pronouncing the brand names.
- Balenciaga (Balen-see-iaga) it’s a watch brand, in starting the company was Spanish BalenTHiaga with a TH, now owned by French that now pronounce as BalenCiaga.
- Breguet (breh-gay) a watch brand people pronounce it as breg-wet, but it’s breh-gay.
- A. Lange & Sohne (Ah-lahn-guh-oond-zo-nuh) a brand of luxury German watch which assume to be French.
- Audemars Piguet (OH-duh-MAHR PEA-GAY) a watch Brand that has a soft G in it.
- Baume & Mercier (bohm AY mer-SEE-AY) a mid-range watch brand that ampersand is A with soft touch of French.
- Adidas a famous brand in the world of sports which is pronounce as ah-Di-das by many people but it originally is adidas which is named on the founder name Adolph nickname Adi and surname Dasser
- Porsche (Poor-she) commonly mispronounced in place like US. It’s exact pronunciation is Poor-she that was on the name of Ferinand Porsche.
- Hugo Boss (hoo-go Boss) a German brand that was named after the founder Hugo-Boss which become famous after world war two.
- Mercedes-Benz is one of the famous German car companies that is originally the collaboration of the founder Daimler Benz and the tuner who modified it gave this car his daughter name Mercedes.
- Volkswagen a brand that means a people’s wheel or wagon and was pronounced the same.
- Alfa Romeo (Alfa-ro-mayo) an Italian brand of car that has the marvelous design.
- Ermenegildo Zegna (er-me-ne-geel-do zen-ya) a brand of men clothing that is very hard to pronounce.
- Ferrari (f-er-AH-ree) a brand of luxury car that is usually mispronounce by US people.
- Lamborghini (læm-b aw r-GEE-n ee) a brand of luxury sports car and SUVs that are used frequently but have various pronunciation.
- · Maserati (m-ah-z-uh-r-r-ah-t-ee) a sport brand that gives one of the luxury car with exclusive style.
- · Moschino (moss-kino) an Italian fashion brand that is also pronounced wrong in many places. It a brand that provide accessories, shoes and bags.
- Prada (prah-duh) another Italian brand of Fashion accessories that seem simple but has R on the tongue.
- Ralph Lauren an American Line of clothing that rule the men’s world. We can see a variation on it’s pronunciation also as some says Ralph LAUren, some pronounce it as Ralph lauREN but the correct one is Ralph LAUren.
But we will clear you that every person has it’s own way to pronounce words so it’s purely depends on you how you choose to say it. It does not make any change in the conversation until the people involve it understand it.